The most valuable monument of Polany is the church of St. Jan Złotousty (John Chrysostom), built as a Greek Catholic in 1914, referring to the then trendy so-called Ukrainian national style in architecture, promoted mainly by the architect from Lviv, W. Nahirny. Another artist from this city, the name Rudnicki, designed the church in Polany. For his services - just like a brick building - could be afforded by the parish thanks to the financial support of compatriots from overseas.
Unfortunately, the beautiful church, built on a Greek cross plan with a central dome, found itself in the fire of the Dukla-Presov operation in 1944, emerging from it almost as a ruin. In 1949, it was handed over to the Roman Catholic church, which did not undertake the temple's renovation. It was not until 1966 when the newly established Orthodox parish took it over. After several years of work, supported by compatriots from overseas, the building has been completely restored. At that time, however, he became the subject of a heated dispute between Orthodox and Latin parishioners; the matter even went to the court, which by no means resolved the conflict. In the meantime, changes took place in the country, and the Greek Catholic Church, the original owner of the monument, which was illegal in the People's Republic of Poland, returned to the game. Ultimately, since 1992, the temple is also a Greek Catholic church under the traditional invocation of St. Jan Złotoustego and the Roman Catholic church of Our Lady of Częstochowa. And the Orthodox? They pray in nearby churches.