Through Zagórz runs the First Hungarian-Galician Iron Railway, which aimed was to connect Budapest with the Przemyśl Fortress and farther with Lviv. The entire section running from Slovakia through Komańcza, Zagórz, Chyrów in Ukraine to Przemyśl became passable on December 25, 1872. Zagórz at the time was a tiny and poor village but the construction of this strategic line caused its significant development. In 1917 the building of present railway station was built.
Zagórz is surely the largest railway junction of south-eastern Poland, in the past determined as the Gate of Bieszczady Mountains. Here the long-distance trains from a few big cities in our country - Warsaw, Łódź, Gdynia or Gliwice - proceeded and ended their way. After that tourists used buses to get to selected localities in the Bieszczady and Beskid Niski. At present, the passengers’ traffic is very limited – trains shuttle only towards Jasło and Rzeszów.