Orthodox Church of Dormition of the Mother of God in Szczawno was built in 1889 by the carpenter Hojsana from Płonna. It is located on a small hill, about 150 m from the road Szczawne - Rzepedź, clearly visible due to the characteristic green roof. Originally, it served Greek Orthodox Catholics, at present Russian Orthodox.
The temple represents the north-eastern type of the Lemkos Orthodox church in the tower version. Wooden, oriented, tripartite, with rooms of equal height, set on a stone foundation, vertically planked. Above the women's gallery part there is a tower with a pole-frame structure and straight walls. There is an overhanging choir inside the Orthodox church. The iconostasis has original icons, on the ceilings and walls there is figural and ornamental polychrome from 1925. A brass candle chandelier was offered in 2004 by a clergyman from Alaska. Nearby the church there is a wooden belfry built in the same year as the temple. It is a pillar construction structure, with a tent roof, equipped with four bells. Two tall wooden crosses rise at the Orthodox churchyard, one of which commemorates the 1000th anniversary of the Baptism of Ruthenia.