Wołosate is the small, outermost village in the south-east Poland. Typically touristic one, located at the foot of Tarnica and Szeroki Wierch, separated from Ukraine by Beskid Pass.
The village was established in 1557, at this time it was the Hungarian border. In the 17th and 18th century it was known as the nest of Beskidnictwo, which means brigandage, which was favored by the surrounding mountains and the proximity of the pass through which the trade route led. After 1944, the village was completely displaced and the buildings were destroyed. The Orthodox church from 1837 was also destroyed, it had a wooden, tripartite structure with a tent roof characteristic for Boyko’s Orthodox churches. To this day, only the foundation has remained of it. There was a cemetery next to the Orthodox church. The best-preserved gravestone is surrounded by an iron fence grave of died in 1907 one-year-old daughter of the Ustrzyki priest, Mychaił Skrocki. All other gravestones do not have inscriptions. The entire cemetery is surrounded by a wooden fence.
The Orthodox church place is located several dozen meters or so from the the Bieszczady National Park ticket office to Tarnica. The Wołosate - Tarnica historical and nature path runs next to it. Nearby, just behind the cemetery, there is an old crane used to collect water from a well.