Ladomirová (UNESCO)

The church of Saint Michael the Archangel is a wooden church with a belfry from 1742, dedicated to Saint Michael the Archangel. It was built without a single nail. During the World War II, the right half of the iconostasis was damaged, but it was restored in 1946. The Orthodox church was damaged again in 1957, when a linden fell on it during a storm. Next to the temple is a belfry.

The Orthodox church is a national monument and is listed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. The wooden Greek Catholic Temple in Ladomirova belongs to the most architecturally valuable and most representative sacral buildings of the Eastern rite in Slovakia.

Get the app