Ruská Bystrá (UNESCO)

The Temple of the Transferring the Remains of Saint Nicholas was built at the beginning of the 18th century in the years 1720-1730. It is a three-room log structure with a shingle roof. The interior from the early 18th century is in the Baroque and Rococo style.

The church in Ruská Bystrá is architecturally different from Greek Catholic churches in Bodružal and Ladomirová, because the log beams are not covered with any external boards or shingle.
A further curiosity is the fact that the ceiling is not logged, freely climbing up (in the form of
a truncated pyramid), as is other churches, but it is closed flat with even boards. Inside there is the precious Crucifixion icon.

This place is on following trails

Get the app

msg_site_uses_cookies
Więcej na ten temat...