Šmigovec

The Temple of the Ascension of the Lord, which was built in 1775 belongs to the smallest churches in the Snina region. It is a three-room log cabin, with only one tower of column construction. Its peculiarity is the external cladding of the log with boards and inside the plastering of the walls with lime. A valuable five-row iconostasis from the 18th century with an unusual number of twenty-four icons of the row of prophets and an icon from the throne since the end of renovation in 2009 have been in the deposit of the Greek Catholic Archbishop’s Office in Prešov.

Neglected and deserted temple was to be moved to the Ľutina village and then reconstructed, but village representatives rejected this idea. In 2016, it was successfully repaired. The iconostasis did not return to the church after reconstruction. The "Icons of Zemplín” exposition was installed there. These are photoreproductions of icons from the 15th and 16th century.

This place is on following trails

Get the app