The open-air museum in Bardejovské Kúpele was opened as the first museum of folk architecture in Slovakia. In the museum are 24 residential, sacral, economic and technical buildings representing folk culture and the construction of the Slovak and Ruthenian population. Most of the buildings come from the 19 th century and the first half of the 20 th century and typologically belongs to wooden buildings of the Carpathian type. The oldest and most valuable are the wooden log construction temples of the Eastern rite from the 18 th century transported from Zboj and Mikulášová villages. After complete renovation of the museum in 2009, three significant buildings appeared there – one of them is the belfry from Janovce, built in 1700.