The open-air museum was opened in 1982 and it shows the living conditions of the Ruthenians in the Slovak part of the Carpathians. It covers an area of 10 hectares. Folk furniture, home inventory, and traditional working tools were collected in wooden log of historic buildings. Additionally to the main typical houses, the exhibition also includes all types of traditional farm buildings: barns, piggery, granaries, basements, wells and other smaller buildings. Technical and economic buildings from the 19 th and the beginning of the 20 th century are represented by
a watermill, windmill and water sawmill. The open-air museum contains also a wooden Orthodox church from Nová Polianka from 1763.